The Metro Sports Facility will be the second largest of its kind in Australasia, offering an impressive range of fun, fitness and sport options for the community.
The design process for the Metro Sports Facility is beginning soon. The intention is to have the facility open in March 2020.
Getting the leisure water area right means we need to hear what’s important to you.
There will be 1500m2 dedicated to the leisure water area so we want to hear from the community to make sure the area is fantastic for everyone.
Give us your ideas about this important city and community facility.
Centrally located and close to Hagley Park, the Metro Sports Facility will be the perfect place to come together and have a great time. The top-class training environment for players and athletes will make sure Canterbury keeps hold of those ‘red and black’ trophies.
Competitive and leisure swimmers will both be making waves in the Aquatic Center with a 10 lane competition length pool, diving pool, and seating for onlookers.
- Athletes and social competitors alike can contest for crowds on the nine indoor sports courts.
- The fitness center, dance studio spaces and gym/weights facility will provide a challenging and enjoyable environment for day-to-day recreation.
- There’ll be hours of fun to be had in the large leisure pool, hydro slides and water multi-sensory facility for learning and exploring.
- Relaxation and rehabilitation will be accessible to all, with a spa, sauna, steam room and outdoor hot pools. There will also be a separate multi-purpose warm water pool for fitness, leisure and rehab.
- Everyone can enjoy the café and there will be childcare, retail, security and parking facilities.