Kitimat LNG is the most advanced of the proposed Canadian LNG projects and has the potential to be the first LNG project of its size in Canada to deliver LNG to Asia-Pacific markets.
The Kitimat LNG project will bring significant benefits including new jobs, business opportunities and revenue to the provincial government that has the potential to benefit health, education and transportation infrastructure across British Columbia.
Significant investment has already been made towards developing the proposed Kitimat LNG facility site, natural gas Pacific Trail Pipeline and natural gas resources in the Horn River and Liard Basins.
- All major provincial and federal environmental approvals in place
- NEB export permit volume: 10 million tonnes per year
- Benefits agreements signed with 15 First Nations
- Will create an estimated 4,500 construction jobs between the LNG facility and Pacific Trail Pipeline that will be filled by British Columbians first
- Projected number of LNG shipments: five to seven per month