ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor) is the world’s latest experimental nuclear fusion reactor in southern France that aims to deliver nuclear fusion on a commercial scale, offering safe, limitless and environmentally responsible energy.
Our partners are part of the Engage consortium who have signed one of the biggest engineering contracts in Europe with Fusion for Energy (F4E) on the ITER project.
The consortium will assist F4E during the entire construction process, from detailed design to works completion for the ITER buildings as well as the site infrastructures and the distribution of the power supplies. At the peak of the design activity, a multitude of engineers and designers will work on the contract up until 2027
The €15bn research and development programme will deliver the world’s largest fusion machine. Lets make history – Contact us TODAY:
- The world’s largest R&D project.
- Site dimensions: 1,000m x 400m.
- 39 buildings and structures.
- 8km of underground tunnels for cables, pipes and other services.
- ITER tokamak will weigh 23,000 tons – 3x the Eiffel Tower.
- Temperature will reach 150 million ºC – 10x that of the sun’s core.
- ITER will produce 500MW of output power for 50MW of input – current record 16MW.