Barangaroo is the future of Sydney. It is being created as a landmark for its economic future and to give people maximum access to the harbour.
It will become a spectacular waterfront precinct and a place that everyone in NSW and Australia can be proud of. Valued at over $6 billion AUD, Barangaroo is Sydney’s largest redevelopment project this century and will evolve over the next 10 to 20 years, injecting more than $1.5 billion AUD into the NSW economy annually.
Barangaroo is located on the western edge of Sydney’s CBD, on the shores of Sydney’s world famous harbour.
When complete, Barangaroo will showcase how city populations can live sustainably. It will create a new, 21st century western face to our city. It will include six hectares of a new Barangaroo Point, busy public waterfront walks and parks, commercial office towers and apartments, all serviced by new and extended transport systems.
Its design must be bold to make the most of this rare opportunity for renewal, rarely available to global city CBD’s around the world.
The site has been divided into three redevelopment areas – the Barangaroo Point, Barangaroo Central and Barangaroo South.
The Barangaroo Point will feature:
- Restored naturalistic headland features which will balance with the other natural headlands it faces around the harbour
- A place for the public to relax by the harbour and in natural surroundings just minutes from the CBD
- A public foreshore walk which will continue the length of the site and on to Walsh Bay and Darling Harbour
Barangaroo South will be the commercial centre of the site.
It will feature:
- Commercial buildings with the large floor plates demanded in the 21st century by the international financial services industry
- Residential apartments that will ensure the site is vibrant and active seven days a week.